Call 207-992-4549 to schedule a FREE in-home visit with a registered nurse.
All Bangor and Piscataquis County Residents Qualify if:
- You are pregnant
- Or have a child 0-18 years of age, or 22 with special needs
Answering questions, building confidence, and offering support.
- Help you have a healthy pregnancy
- Listen to your baby’s heartbeat
- Answer all your pregnancy and post-baby questions
- Provide information on labor and delivery
- Provide information about safe sleep for infants
- Certified Lactation Counselors will help you prepare for breastfeeding before your baby arrives
- Provide encouragement and support
- Work with you to create a plan to be successful
- Answer questions about your health and breastfeeding
- Address any problems you may be having
- Offer assistance and resources for when you need to return to work or school
Caring for Children 0-5 and up to 18 or 22 with special needs
- Weigh and measure your infant
- Provide information on normal growth and development
- Provide in-home developmental screenings
- Nutrition and feeding advice
- Information on your baby’s shots
- Home safety suggestions including safe sleep for infants
- Provide information about other community resources
Monthly Group Educational Sessions via Zoom are now held for all parenting families on the 3rd Tuesday of Every Month from 9:30am-10:30am. Residents outside of Bangor are also welcome to join. Click link to view the latest upcoming topic:
A RECORDING OF “FORMULA FACTS” NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE! CLICK HERE: https://youtu.be/FIMuujlcv-8
Feedback from Public Health Nursing Surveys
[The nurse] was always willing to listen to and answer all of my questions. She made time for my baby and me, and she was willing to schedule extra weight checks to ease my anxiety.
She has been helpful in tracking the growth of my child, feeding and allergy difficulties. Also with my older child who has speech delay and behavioral issues.
Any questions I could possibly have, she answered!