Call 207-992-4547 to schedule an appointment.
See this list of all recommended and required immunizations.
Prescriptions for Preventative Medications
Options for different prescriptions will be provided at your visit after an individual consultation with your travel health professional has determined your specific needs and requirements. Prescriptions provided may include:
- Anti-malarial prophylaxis
- Treatments for bacterial infections
- Altitude sickness prevention
- Other items specific to your individual travel needs
Guidance for Special Medical Concerns
Travelers will receive an official international immunization record to keep with your travel documents containing all vaccinations given at your visit(s), along with a personalized itinerary specific travel information booklet. Each booklet contains the health risks, recommendations and requirements for the specific countries you will be visiting, along with general travel advice and tips on avoiding travel related issues.
Information about how to protect your health:
- All travel medicine services are by appointment only
- Schedules vary Monday through Friday each week, so please make sure to call the office for an appointment
- Your appointment should be at least 6-8 weeks prior to your departure
- Bangor Public Health & Community Services does not directly bill insurance
- You will be provided with an itemized receipt to submit for possible reimbursement.
What to Expect at Your Travel Appointment
You’ll be asked to provide a brief medical history and your travel itinerary. A travel appointment takes about an hour.
For more information about the benefits of booking a travel appointment view this short CDC video: https://tools.cdc.gov/medialibrary/index.aspx#/media/id/121616
Yellow Fever-Our clinic provides Yellow Fever vaccine for recommended or required travel needs. Please have your entire itinerary available for your travel appointment for us to best serve you. http://www.sanofipasteur.us/vaccines/yellowfevervaccine
COVID-19– Please check COVID-19 guidelines for your destination as well as your return visit to prepare for your trip. We provide single dose J&J COVID-19 vaccine upon request.
Travel Clinic Pricing
Fees & Payments
- Payment is due at time of service. We accept: cash, check and credit/debit cards. HSA or Flex cards may also be used.
- A coded, itemized receipt will be given which can be sent to your insurance for possible reimbursement. Always check with your insurance policy to see if vaccines are reimbursable.
- A 2.5% charge is applied to all credit card and debit card transactions
|Visit Fee per person any age||$50.00|
|Administration Fee -per Vaccine||$10.00|
|Cholera Vaccine (Ordered by Request)||$270.00|
|Gardasil (Hpv-3 Dose Series)||$275.00 Each|
|Hepatitis A (2 Dose Series)||$85.00 Each|
|Hepatitis B (2 Dose Series)||$140.00 Each|
|Hepatitis B (3 dose series)||$85.00 Each|
|Japanese Encephalitis (2 Dose Series)||$350.00 Each|
|Rabies Pre-Exposure Series (3 Dose Series)
Order by request
|Tetanus/Diptheria Booster (Td)||$60.00|
|Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertusis Booster (Tdap)||$60.00|
|TwinRix (Hep A/B Combination-3 Dose Series)||$100.00 Each|
|Typhoid Oral (not available at this time)||$100.00|
|Varicella (Chickenpox Vaccine)||$170.00|
- Union Street
- Take Union Street to Vermont Avenue
- Turn onto Vermont Avenue
- Drive 500 ft. to traffic circle
- Take 3rd exit onto Texas Avenue
- Turn right just before “Bangor Health and Community Services” sign
- Follow signs and enter lobby
- Hammond Street
- Follow Maine Avenue to traffic circle
- Take 1st exit onto Texas Avenue
- Follow until 103 Texas Avenue
- Follow signs and enter lobby
US CDC Vaccines – https://www.vaccines.gov/who_and_when/travel/index.html
US Dept of State Travel – https://bangorpublichealth.org/travel-medicine