Need help? If you have difficulty understanding English or have a disability, free language assistance or other aids and services are available upon request. Please contact your Local WIC Clinic agency for more information.
عربى Français Lingála Português Española Soomaali
View WIC Newsletters for up-to-date information and resources.
Newsletter January 2023
Newsletter December 2022
Newsletter November 2022
Newsletter October 2022
Newsletter September 2022
Newsletter August 2022
Newsletter July 2022
Newsletter June 2022
Newsletter May 2022
Newsletter April 2022
Newsletter March 2022
In the case of temporary low income, WIC will use your family’s current rate of income to see if you and your child qualify for WIC benefits. Newly unemployed applicants may now be income eligible for WIC benefits based on these rules. Call us for more info.
WIC is a health and nutrition program for families. WIC offers built-in support so that you can become confident parents of healthy, strong kids. We’ve got your village right here! WIC has so much to offer:
- Healthy foods
- Checks to buy fresh local fruits and vegetables at farmers’ markets
- Nutrition and health education
- Breastfeeding support and encouragement
- Referrals to other services that are helpful to your family
Who Can Apply?
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or had a baby in the last six months
- Infants and children up to the age of five, including adopted and foster children
- Dads (for their children)
Who Qualifies for WIC?
- People are eligible for WIC based on income guidelines and nutritional risk.
- You might be surprised who is eligible for WIC: Many working families qualify!
- To be eligible on the basis of income, applicants’ income must fall at or below 185 percent of the U.S. Poverty Income Guidelines
- A person who receives MaineCare, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and/or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) automatically meet the income requirements.
- Use the WIC Pre-Screening Tool to find out if you qualify.
How Do I Apply?
- WIC Offices and clinics are located in many communities throughout the State.
- Bangor Public Health and Community Services has offices and clinics in Bangor, Dexter, Dover-Foxcroft, Corinth, Lincoln, Millinocket, Milo, Newport, and Greenville.
- Call 1-800-470-3769 or 207-992-4570 or Maine Relay 711 (TTY) to apply. We will schedule your appointments close to where you live.
- Your first appointment will take about an hour and we’ll work together to complete some paperwork. Click on the link below to find out what you’ll need to bring with you.
- Applying is easy, and it can help your family for the rest of their lives.
Request Application Information
If you would rather speak with a WIC representative directly, please call 207-992-4570 or
1-800-470-3769 to schedule an appointment.
103 Texas Ave, Bangor, ME 04401
- Union Street
- Take Union Street to Vermont Avenue
- Turn onto Vermont Avenue
- Drive 500 ft. to traffic circle
- Take 3rd exit onto Texas Avenue
- Turn right just before “Bangor Public Health and Community Services” sign
- Follow signs and enter lobby
- Hammond Street
- Follow Maine Avenue to traffic circle
- Take 1st exit onto Texas Avenue
- Follow until 103 Texas Avenue
- Follow signs and enter lobby